Friday, October 22, 2010

"TGIF... Thank Goodness It's Fall!"

Fall   (by bArB)

"Oh my," said the wind to the leaves one day,
"I think it's time you go, not stay.
So put on your coats of red and gold,
Listen well, and do as you're told."

"You must let go of mother tree.
Please look your best, and come with me.
Swirl, and twirl, now gently fall,
To the oohs and awws, and marvel of all."

"Lay a carpet, for all to tread,
In beautiful colors of gold and red.
One last time to dance with glee,
Then I shall say good-bye to thee."


Oh, how I love the Fall...
To many, it means summer's over. To others, it's the beginning of a busy school year. To home-owners, it's time to rake the leaves, do the yard work, and get ready for winter.

I think Fall gets the short end of the seasonal stick ... being referred to as the end of summer, or, "oh my, winter's just around the corner". Give a season a break!

Who brings you a kaleidescope of color where ever you look?  Or those nose twinkling mornings, followed by warm glowing afternoons, and sweater snuggling evenings? What other time of year treats us with the scent of apple crisp air? And who reminds us to be thankful for those we hold dear, and the goodness that surrounds us? Not Winter, Spring, or Summer baby ... it's the Fall!

So, in the immortal words of the followers of the 60's... "give Fall a chance!"
You'll be happy that you did.

Keep on keeping on... bArB :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Barb, that is sooo true. I couldn't have said it better...Was that your poem? Just found your blog - haven't had time to peruse till now...WOW GIRL - I love it...P.S. Check out my old blog of our X-Canada trip at matrixgypsies - back in 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there... yup, that's my poem. I often express myself this way. Glad you're enjoying my blog. I'll be sure to check out your XCanada exposes!

    ReplyDelete